This recipe is perfect for using up onions , sausages and odd looking potatoes .I hope it helps everyone as my kids LOVE this one .Feel free to add more vegetables etc what ever you fancy in it .
Cooking time – 55 minutes
Serves 4 add more if you want more lol
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, peeled ,sliced or diced what ever you would like them.
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled . Make sure you cut them into cubes
- (2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped optional )
- 400 ml chicken stock or any stock you would like to use
- 6 thick sausages
Feel free to add more vegetables in like peas etc .
- Make sure you preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Warm the oil in a large pan .Cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft. Stir through the potatoes until starting to brown colour .
- Add the garlic ( optional ), stock and start to bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes start to soften , then pour into a baking dish or over proof dish .Place the sausages on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook other vegetables you would like to have this with like peas etc Drain and serve with the potato bake.
Tip :- for vegetarians, use vegetable stock and use veggie sausages .