Perfect for gifts or treats
- 450g (1lb) granulated sugar
- 85g (3oz) butter
- 150ml (¼ pt) milk
- 175g (6oz) evaporated milk
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- A little vegetable oil
- Bar of any chocolate
- Put the sugar, butter, milk and evaporated milk into a pan and heat gently, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and as the temperature rises, stir the fudge occasionally be careful the sugar doesn’t stick and burn.
- Continue boiling until a temperature of 116C is reached simple test if the fudge is at this temperature by spooning a small amount of the syrup into some iced water, it should form a soft ball.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract slowly.
- Pour into an 18 cm shallow square tin brushed with a little vegetable oil, and leave for 10-15 mins or until almost set. It will set quicker in the fridge.
Mark the fudge into squares with a sharp knife and wait for it to cool.
- Melt some chocolate in a bowl i used the microwave for a minute lol .
- cut a big piece of greaseproof paper and leave it to one side.
- Put the fudge in chocolate , put it on to the greaseproof paper and carry one until all the fudge is done leave for a few minutes.
- feel free to drizzle any of melted chocolate as decoration and leave until fridge until hard.
put a few in e clear bag add a ribbon they will lock very expensive gift.